In a previous life . . .
☞ I served 10 years in the Royal Air Force specializing in Aeronautical Engineering. I was deployed to Hong Kong, the Falkland Islands and Belize where I worked on mainly fast jets and choppers, with the occasional C130 thrown in for good measure.
☞ Next stop was a three-year civilian engineer gig for British Aerospace in Saudi Arabia where I was attached to the Royal Saudi Air Force in Dhahran. My timing was impeccable: I lived and worked through Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and if we ever get a chance to meet, I’ll show you the remains of a Scud missile that I keep on my keychain.
☞ Moved to Orlando to marry a Gator grad who blessed me with 2 great kids and 28 amazing years (and counting).
☞ Parlayed my engineering training into jobs in the architecture and engineering industries. RIS is the third small business I’ve owned and operated, and the only thing I can equate small business ownership to is drinking water through a firehose.
Real Image Solutions
A full-service studio specializing in 3d Renderings & Animations, 2d/3d Proposal Graphics, 2d/3d Technical Illustrations, 2d/3d Photo Composites – Before & After, 123BIM – Interactive & Immersive Content, CAD – RIS is an effective alternative or support for your in-house CAD capabilities. For Real Image Solutions (RIS), it's about strength of relationships built over two decades with multiple North American agencies and industries in need of visualization services. These relationships include military and commercial clients, vendors who develop the technology, and resellers who distribute the products. RIS partners with clients and offers a diverse suite of visual outputs to support military, federal and commercial projects. Finally, by leveraging our years of experience and visual skills, and where possible, repurposing existing design data, RIS gives clients the best visualization ROI.
Our Past Accomplishments
• Autodesk Authorized Consultant
• Author, Autodesk/Discreet courseware
• Autodesk Max/Viz Instructor
• Member, National Center for Simulation, 1999 – 2005
• Member, Valencia Community College Curriculum Panel of Experts
• Founder, Florida Viz Group, 1998 / President, 1998 – 2001
• Contributing writer, AUGI World View magazine
• Viz Product Chairman, Autodesk User Group International
• Cadalyst magazine’s Caddies 2000 winner - Architectural Professional Still category, December 2000
• Profiled in Orlando Business Journal’s small business, May 2004Profiled in Orlando Business Journal’s e-buzz, Aug. 17, 2001
• R. Miller Visualization listed in Orlando Business Journal’s top 25 fast track technology companies in Central Florida, July 27, 2001
• R. Miller Visualization listed in Orlando Business Journal’s top 25 largest simulation companies in Central Florida, Nov. 10, 2000